Sunday, January 16, 2011

October/November

We stayed a couple nights in a beautiful home in the Columbia River Gorge in October with the Barnettes, Batemans, and Humpherys (our dinner group friends here in our apartment complex).

P1090799P1090805P1090839P1090823

P1090826

 

Halloween - Teresa pulled off a pretty awesome punk rocker-esque costume for our church’s “trunk-or-treat” (decorate the trunks of your cars and the kids come around to each car in the parking lot).

P1100072P1100074and her cokeP1100075

I call this photo “Missing the Big Picture”. So often I am focused on the minutia right in front of me and ignore the magnificent in the background. I become too caught up in what’s coming next to step back and appreciate the big picture. Bridal Veil Falls, in the background, is actually pretty gorgeous (and worth the “stepping back” to appreciate).

P1100099

Jeff’s birthday – I chose to take a bite out of my birthday pie (Favero family tradition!).

before......and......after

Thanksgiving was awesome at our friends, the Eagers. Napoleon, a refugee of several years from Liberia, was there also and recounted some of the wars, violence, and suffering of his people. It was very memorable, and made me feel very thankful for home, family, country, freedom.

P1100168P1100166P1100161

1 comment:

Sarah Dana said...

Oh my gosh! That home is beautiful; let us know if you'd like to do something like that again and you'd like a little more company. And I'm sorry we missed the Trunk or Treat now and Napoleon's visit...both seem like such memorable events.